Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Well hello hello all!!

So it's been awhile since my last post and I've kinda been sucking at keeping this blog afloat the last couple of weeks...well, with good reason though...as most of you know, we had a little "situation" that occur ed on Easter and it has been so crazy ever since....

So, we all know that our baby girl was in the hospital for a week....yep, a WHOLE week...and it was def not fun for her or for us. We were there the whole time and never left her side, I mean how could I right?, and it was def a day by day thing. One minute she was sick with a virus, the next she might have viral meningitis, then we were back to a virus, and finally it was an abscess in her throat that needed immediate surgery!!! Who would have thought?? CRAZY is the only word I can think of to describe that whole week. It was a very surreal situation to be going through at the time and I look back now and wonder how we made it through all of it!?!? I guess when you become a parent, you just do what you have to do to protect and love your children. Your body and mind just kicks into "parent mode" and gets things done - physically, mentally, and emotionally. I know that the people who came to visit can relate because they all just did what they had to do to think positive thoughts and pray for us and come and see Addi girl and be strong, for her and for us. With that, I want to say THANK YOU soooo soooo much to all our friends and family who came to the hospital to visit, who wrote emails and texts and called, and who were just praying and thinking of us during that time. Your thoughts and prayers meant the world to us and was really what got us through that horrible experience. So thank you!!So, now that that horrible nightmare is behind us...on to more positive and exciting things!! For an update on Miss Addi girl...Addi is doing great!! She has finally gotten back to her self, the real Addi that we all know and love!

She is...can you believe it....7 MONTHS OLD!! I know I cannot believe that my baby is 7 months old already! Seems like the time is just flying by! I have to say that i have really enjoyed the last 7 months sooo much and I'm REALLY loving this time now. She has such a little personality and is so funny!! She makes this laugh that is so freaking hilarious! it's like..."hugh hugh hugh hugh..."...if that makes sense....And if you do the laugh at her, she will do it right back at you 3 times more and louder each time!! She's such a ham! And she is also such a little love bug, which is my new nick name for her, she gets so excited to see someone when she hasn't seen them for awhile....like when I get home from work, she gets sooo excited to see me and gives me a big hug!! It is so stinkin' cute and just makes my day! It's amazing to see how much her personality has changed in the last couple of months and see how she is developing, it makes me feel things that I never thought I could feel. like the infinite love I have for her, the sense of awe that I feel when I see her do new things, and the indescribable joy that I have being her mother!! It's amazing!!So for some other updates....Addi girl is not quite crawling yet but she is soooo close. That is not to say that she cannot make it from point A to point B, because she can. She can shimmy, scoot, and roll her way anywhere when she puts her mind to it! ;-) She is pushing up on her hands but can't quite figure out where her legs and feet fit into the mix. She can stand on her own holding onto something like our ottoman or her piano, with my help of me of course but basically she can hold herself up. She can also now pull herself up from sitting to standing!! She has such strong legs it's crazy!! She's talking alot....no Mama or Dada just yet but I swear sometimes I think she's saying Mama....just alot of different types of sounds. One new and totally awesome thing is that she can sign milk!!! I've been trying to get it on video but of course every time I break out the camera she won't do it and is only focused on the camera. But as soon as I do get it I'll be sure to post it. It's sooo crazy that she understands what that means even though she can't say the words!! So awesome!! She can also wave bye-bye, sometimes. She just did it for the first time this morning!! My baby is growing up!!!

Let's see, what else....a few odds and ends....Dan is FINALLY done with baseball!! Coaching that is, he still has his baseball team and softball though. I'm def glad to be getting our lives back on track and back into the swing of things. I'm still working and still planning on starting school in June...as long as all goes according to plan. And I cannot wait to start!! I'm def ready to get going and get done and get my career on track! We are going tomorrow to get Addi's pics done for 7 months and I am sooo excited!! I have some good ideas and hopefully with a good nap and some grub she'll be up to performing for me ;-) So look for those pics soon...As a side note....I just have to say that I am soooo excited for Sunday!!! Sunday is my very first Mothers Day and I cannot wait!! Dan and my Sissy Beth have planned a lovely day for me, Addi, and Grandma Bailey and I am really looking forward to just relaxing and enjoying the company of my family! This mother's day is so special because I have my Addi girl and I am so grateful, beyond words, to have this amazing little girl in my life and am so lucky to be her MOM! So, I want to wish all of you a very happy mother's day and I hope you enjoy your day as much as I know i will enjoy mine!!

Ok so since I haven't posted in awhile here are some photos from the last couple of weeks....theres a lot, ENJOY!!!!

A few pics from Easter 2009













Sac City Volleyball Reunion with the girls...and kiddos!





Random photos of my little love bug...













Pics from our fabulous stay at Kaiser Roseville!! ;-)























0 comments: