Monday, February 8, 2010

Where does the time go!?!?!

Wow! Where has the time gone!! Well here it is another month later and I'm just now getting to my blog. I must admit that i've been having some computer issues which is why I haven't been on here in quite some time. Excuses, excuses. Actually I've had a lot to blog about lately...just haven't found the time. So here I am sitting at my computer, and where do I begin???...

Well, first off, let's just ponder this...Addi girl is 16 months old!!! Holy cow!! Saturday she turned 16 months old and I honestly cannot believe how fast the time is flying by. This is really a fun time for me with her because she is such a Mama's girl and so fun to be around. She is such a ham and just so full of life that it makes you want to spend every second with her.  And with working two jobs, STILL, i've been trying to find new things to do with her so that we can really enjoy some quality time together. So, we tried LittleGym for the first time last weekend...LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!! She loved it, I loved it...and it was actually really fun. I had heard about it through friends and family but never actually tried it for whatever reasons. So we just decided one day to do it....i guess it's part of my new year, new changes philosophy :-) It was really fun because it was just total silly time where her and I could just be silly and do whatever...run around, play with balls, dance. Her class is called the Little Birds, cute right?? They focus on listening, following directions, learning new skills, ect. It was funny because at first she stayed completely glued to me and kept looking at the other kids, then back at me, then at them like, what the heck is going on here?!?!?  AND she even wanted me to carry her from time to time. But once she got used to it all, she just took off!! Running and bouncing from play mat to play mat and throwing the balls around the room. It was pretty funny to watch. Its a great experience as a mom too because you learn new ways to try things with the little ones. For instance, we learned how to start the kids with learning how to do a sumersault. Seems easy right? Well I had no clue how to go about it in a safe way but so that she would learn how to do it. It was alittle tricky at first, probaly because her and I both were looking at each other like, um ok...let's give it a try. But once we got it down, oh my!! Addi wouldn't let me stop!! When we got home and showed Daddy what we had learned I think I literally helped her to do 50 sumersaults!!! Too funny! (Video to follow) So all in all it was def a success.   

Another new thing we're trying is joining a mommy group. We joined a group of Mommies that live in Roseville and are in the same age range as me, in their 20's. I thought it would be a good way to meet some new mommies that have the same interests as me and like to hang with their kids. Give us a new thing to try. We just joined so we haven't met anyone yet but we're def looking forward to it. Seems weird to try and meet new friends when you've had the same group of friends for so long, but I figure it can't hurt to meet some people that like to do what I do. You can never have too many friends right!?!? :-) So anyways, we're meeting up at Folsom Zoo the first of March and hopefully something before that so we'll see how it goes!!

As for new things with Addi girl, here are a few things she's be saying, doing, ect ect....
* Addi has 8 teeth now!!
* Addi can say Diaper, Bella, Mya, Thank You, Olive (sort of-sounds more like lala lala), Yellow, Blue...just to name a few new ones
* Addi is in early stages of potty training!! She tells us (most imes) when she goes potty.
* We're down to only 2 naps a day
* She loves walks, drawing, and cheese ;-)
* She'll be getting her 18 month shots soon so we'll have an update on all her stats then

As for other news....well there isn't really much. The holidays, superbowl, and most our birthdays have passed and now that my sister-in-law's baby shower has come and gone, well there's really not much going on in our house. Not that i'm complaining...it's just weird to not have something to do everyday and every weekend.  Although, I do think that this will be the calm before the storm. If you've read my last couple of posts you'll remember that we have quite the summer coming up! Lots of events and weddings and things to go to, in addition to just the normal busy summer activities that we'll have. Plus Baby Tyler's arrival in a short few weeks!! Can't wait!! It's def going to be one busy year!  But for now, we're just working away and enjoying our down time with each other.

And coming up:
Addi's Valentine's Day party on Friday....which I am making treats for and very excited to break out my mixer!! Crab feed with Dad and Lori on Saturday night (assumming i'm not called into work)...which is always a fun time!! And Valentine's Day on Sunday...which I will be working during the day, but will be spending the rest of the evening with my 2 LOVES!! Dinner/Date night is just what I need!!

So until next time.....xoxo The Smith Family

0 comments: