Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wishful Wednesday...

So alot of people in the blog world are doing these 'Wishful Wednesday' posts....so I thought I would join the band wagon and add 'Wishful Wednesdays' along with my 'Thankful Thursdays' to my blog....

Wishful Wednesdays are supposed to be something to get us through those lovely hump days.  It may be a wish, a hope, a dream, or an aspiration.  Some topics may be fun and playful and others more insightful. Either way, it will be something that I can share with all of you. And hopefully you all can share your wish with me as well.

Today, I wish...

that cancer did not exist. that the people in my life and people that I know were not affected by this disease. my father-in-law had prostate cancer, and he beat it. my grandmother had breast cancer, and she beat it. but, sadly not everyone beats cancer. and because of that, today I wish that people I know and love did not feel hurt, and pain, and such overwhelming sadness when they lose someone they love.

yesterday, a great woman passed. she battled cancer, with such grace. this woman was dan's boss's (big dave) mom. but she wasn't just big dave's mom, she was a part of the Greenly family. Dan has been a part of the Greenly family for so long, and we truely consider them a part of our family. while we didn't know Meme as well as others and weren't around her as much as them, we were still touched by her and by her courage and strength. what a strong woman to battle such a nasty thing as cancer is.  I can only hope to have that type of strength and grace in my lifetime. it was an honor to know Meme. we are truely blessed to be a part of her family, to know them and to have them all in our lives. in this time of sadness and grief, we can only hope to be there for you and to support and love you all.  In memory of Meme

0 comments: